TV SHOWS OR ADS ?

     My absolute favorite TV show is “The Ranch”, a show about a small family living in a small town and the crazy experiences they go through.  The show stars my favorite actors, Ashton Kutcher and Sam Elliott, who I find hilarious.  I have been watching the show for a while, starting it way before I took critical thinking.  Though as I have started to expand my awareness of media, I have noticed the ways the show advertises certain products.  The products shown on “The Ranch” are mostly drinks, including Pepsi, Corona, Bud Light, etc.  The products are incorporated in light hearted scenes and never leave the center of the frame. The drinks labels are easily recognizable and a positive comment about them is usually said.  These ads have subconsciously affected me as my mom will ask me what to get at the store and I reply with a Pepsi, not knowing why I am craving one.  I now notice every time a product is advertised and it is interesting to me that I find at least one ad in every episode.

Comments